Principal Resource Group

Principal Resource Group

Principal Resource Group Blog

Principal Resource Group Blog

Friday, April 17, 2015

Headhunters, more than a dirty little word...

When I came in to the recruiting industry three years ago I knew I had some skills that would compliment this new world, but I hadn't fully realized how I'd fit in so well.   I am happy to have recently celebrated three years at Principal Resource Group, and I'd like to share a little about what I have learned along the way.  

In my career I have always strived to be in a role where I am involved with helping others and/or the environment.  In this role, it's a win-win since I help environmental and engineering professionals and companies grow.  I'm helping people who help clean up the environment and others who maintain our infrastructure, and I couldn't be happier doing so! 

When people ask me what I do, I respond that I am a recruiter.  Then they will often ask if that's like a headhunter and I respond yes.   I'd like to add that in this industry one could also see a recruiter as a talent agent, an advisor, a consultant, a friend, a fact-finder, a networker, a career counselor, a professional matchmaker, a prospector, and the list goes on.

What it really comes down to is that I am here to help professionals learn about career opportunities that are the next step for their career progression and to help companies find the right professionals to help contribute to their growth goals.  I strive to be a partner of success and I have fun doing it!



Steph’s Takeaways: Building a relationship with a trusted recruiter just makes dollars and sense.


Next up: "Help Me Help You..."  Be sure to check out my next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment